It’s no secret that Arizona is a very hot place to be. Because of this, you may find yourself unsure if it’s a good idea to get eyelash extensions in our beautiful, one-of-a-kind state. The good news is that if you learn how to manage them correctly, you can certainly still get eyelash extensions in Mesa, AZ. Follow these tips on how to successfully manage your extensions in the heat so that it doesn’t damage the curl:
- Stay indoors as much as you can. Obviously, you will need to go outside to do your essential traveling (especially now that COVID-19 has settled down), but on super hot days it is best to chill at home with the air conditioner on as much as possible for the sake of your own sanity.
- Use sunscreen. While this is a good practice even when you don’t have gorgeous Mesa, AZ lash extensions. You will also want to protect yourself as much as possible by wearing hats and/or coverings for up-most protection against UV rays that can cause damage over time such as wrinkles due to lack of vitamins found in our skin cells.
- If you choose to wear make-up, be sure to only use oil-free make-up remover. Oil can break down the bond between adhesive and skin which will cause them to lose their shape or even fall out entirely!
- Always goggles if you decide to go swimming with your Mesa or Tempe eyelash extensions. Just be sure not to do this within the first 3 days of getting your extensions applied, as they cannot get wet during this period.
- Do not pick or play with your eyelash extensions. While you shouldn’t do this regardless of the weather, this is especially crucial in the heat. This will result in your lashes falling off quicker. It’s true that a few lashes may naturally fall off within the first few days, doing this will ensure that the extensions won’t last as long as they are intended to.
If the weather has been especially hot lately and it isn’t anticipated to cool down any time soon, you may want to consider skipping out on the eyelashes until the weather improves. Practice self-care by not pushing yourself too hard in the heat, drinking plenty of water, and wearing the appropriate clothing. While we all love to look beautiful and feel good about ourselves, health and safety come first and foremost. The eyelash extensions will always be there waiting for you when you are ready.
Overall, managing your lash extensions in the summer heat can be tricky, but with these tips, you should be able to keep your Mesa, AZ eyelash extensions looking good all season long. Have you tried any of these methods for managing your lash extensions? If not, give them a try and let us know how they work for you. We’d love to hear about your experiences with keeping your lashes looking their best during the hottest months of the year. In the meantime, don’t be afraid to ask your lash stylists any questions about maintaining your eyelash extensions so that you can look beautiful for as long as possible.